The school is meant for children between 6 and 16 years of age and allows them to take their first laps in karting in complete safety.
Young drivers can discover the joys of motorsport or perfect their technique under the expert tutelage of experimented monitors. Beyond basic driver training, they provide a real lesson in sportsmanship and fair play.
- JMKids NAMUR & LIEGE : Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- JMKids LIEGE : Wednesday, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The aspiring drivers are classified in three levels :
- beginner : learning the basics (acceleration, braking)
- trainee : speed control, overtaking, learning the regulations (flags)
- driver : perfecting racing lines, observing the rules
Equipment – JMKids
The young drivers are equipped with karts specially adapted to their size and age. Mini-karts are for drivers of between 6 and 10 years old (Sodikart chassis, Honda 160cc engine), while the “Cadet / Junior” karts are designed for drivers of 10 to 16 years old (Sodikart chassis, Honda 270cc engine).
For the optimum in driving safety, a helmet, neckbrace, overalls and gloves are supplied free of charge.